2.4 Acre Freehold Industrial Site For Sale Edmonton N18

Circa 68,000 sq.ft of built space - Vacant Possession


Eley Business Park,  8 Eley Road, Edmonton, 
LONDON N18 3DB


Sold property




Site area: 9842.0 sq.m. (105938 sq.ft.)

The premises are situated at the junction between Eley Road and Kynoch Road within the well established, Eley Industrial Estate in Edmonton, which forms part of the larger Lea Valley Industrial Area in the primary commercial area of the London Borough of Enfield.

The Eley Estate is situated off the north side of the North Circular Road (A406) at Edmonton and immediately east of the junction of Meridian Way (A1055). It is an industrial and trading complex built in the inter-War period, which has seen some significant post-war developments; including a number of new warehouse/industrial developments and a retail warehouse element at the southern end of the estate.

The A1055 extends between Tottenham Hale and the M25 Motorway (Junction 25) via Bullsmoor Lane approximately 3.5 miles to the north. The M11 Motorway (Junction 4) is accessed via the North Circular Road (A406) approximately 3 miles to the east.

Rail links are provided by Angel Road Railway Station, which is within 5 minutes walking distance of The Estate, which provides regular services (25 minutes travel time) to London Liverpool Street. London Underground (Victoria Line) can be accessed at the nearby Tottenham Hale Station, which provides quick access to the West End with an estimated travel time of 20 minutes.

London City Airport is approximately 8.5 miles distant.

The Eley Estate comprises a variety of industrial, leisure, retail amongst other categories of property, which further vary in terms of size, age and character.  Amongst others, occupiers on the estate include Coca Cola, Access Self Storage and Team-Sport Indoor Karting.


Download brochure

Description:

The property comprises a complex of industrial factories, warehouses, offices and enclosures on a level site of about 0.97 hectares (2.4 acres) (0.97 ha). There are four main buildings and a number of smaller buildings erected between the 1930s and 1980s providing a total Gross Internal Area of approximately 6,304 sq.m (67,856 sq.ft) used for the manufacture of industrial lubricants. Each of the buildings are detached and built predominantly around two main open areas, which are used for parking, open storage, loading & access and courtyard garden/amenity area. Access to the site is via three points, two of which are located at the south east corner and south west corners of the site on Eley Road. The third access point is at the north east corner of the site, accessed via a right of way over the land hatched brown on the site plan. In addition to substantial areas of hardstanding for open storage, there is on-site parking for approximately 40 to 50 vehicles.

BUILDING 1

A two-storey structure built in the 1980s providing workshop/storage space on the ground floor, with a ceiling height of 4.26 m (14 ft) and offices & stores on the first floor, with eaves height of 2.84 m (9.3 ft) at the lowest point and a maximum height of 3.66 m (12 ft). Approximately half of the first floor is fitted out as offices, benefitting from double glazing but otherwise finished to a basic standard and the remainder is clear storage space served by a 1000 kg goods lift.

Building 1 is constructed of a concrete portal frame with cavity and block external cladding, and profiled metal sheeting, under a ridged and pitched roof covered with insulated profile metal sheeting, which is partly glazed. The ground floor surface is concrete and finished to a good standard; the first floor is solid concrete. Loading is via a number of metal roller shutters and concertina loading doors.

BUILDING 2

A single storey 1950s built industrial/factory building with 1980s constructed standard offices at mezzanine level. The building has an eaves height of 4.35 m (14.27 ft) rising to an apex of 6.43 m (21 ft).

Building 2 is constructed of a reinforced concrete frame with cavity work and a brick outer leaf, with metal cladding at high level. The roof is triple ridged and pitched, clad with insulated profile metal sheets and partially glazed. Loading is via a number of metal roller shutters and concertina loading doors. The floor is concrete and finished to a good standard.

BUILDING 3

A 1930s built warehouse, with eaves height of 5.5 m (18 ft). and a post war two storey addition.

Building 3 is constructed in solid fletton brickwork between a steel frame, supporting a ridged and pitched roof clad in corrugated asbestos, partially glazed, and supported on light steel trusses. The floor is concrete. The first floor office extension is built in brickwork with walls clad in metal sheeting, under a flat roof. The floor is understood to be of steelwork with timber over-lay. Loading is via a number of roller shutter doors. The offices are self-contained, with a secondary access from an external staircase.

BUILDING 4

A two storey 1960s built office building with a single storey extension, providing a combination of open plan & cellular offices with kitchen and toilet facilites. There is a suspended ceiling. Windows are single glazed metal-framed casements.

BUILDING 5

A single storey building constructed in the 1960s providing laboratory, store, office and toilet facilities.There is a suspended ceiling. Windows are single glazed metal-framed casements.

BUILDING 6

A single storey store built in the 1930s with no natural light. Eaves height is 4.51 m (14.8 ft) rising to 5.48 m (18 ft). Loading is via a single sliding loading door..

BUILDING 7

A collection of six separate mill enclosure/store buildings; with ceiling heights ranging from 4.06 m (13.32 ft) to 5.04 m (16.54 ft).

SERVICES & AMENITIES

There is space heating to each building, either from gas-fired boilers serving wall mounted radiators, or from ceiling mounted radiator panels served by hot water pipes, or warm air blowers. There is 3-phase power from a sub-station on site, which is supplemented by two stand-by generators providing 425 kva. We understand that all services were renewed within the last 25 years.

Accommodation:
Site area: 9842.0 sq.m. (105938 sq.ft. / 2.43 acres) 

comprising:

Building 1 1248.37 sq.m / 13437 sq.ft
Ground floor warehouse
Building 1 1248.37 sq.m / 13437 sq.ft
First floor warehouse / office
Building 2 1692.72 sq.m / 18220 sq.ft
Ground floor factory
Building 2 111.60 sq.m / 1201 sq.ft
First floor offices
Building 3 578.59 sq.m / 6227 sq.ft
Ground floor warehouse
Building 3 158.07 sq.m / 1701 sq.ft
First floor workshop / offices
Building 4 281.31 sq.m / 3027 sq.ft
Ground floor laboratory and offices
Building 4 199.93 sq.m / 2152 sq.ft
First floor laboratory and storage
Building 5 325.79 sq.m / 3506 sq.ft
Laboratory
Building 6 140.69 sq.m / 1514 sq.ft
Warehouse
Building 7 318.39 sq.m / 3427 sq.ft
Comprises three separate mill enclosures and three storage buildings
Terms:
Freehold for sale with vacant possession
Service charge:
N/A
Local authority:
London Borough of Enfield
Rateable Value:
£260,000    Estimated Rates Payable: £128,180 per annum
Viewings:
By prior appointment with Gilmartin Ley, telephone 020 8882 0111 - Click here for Enquiries
Reference:
19395    Updated: 23 Aug 2014